Litter-Robot: Remove & Replace the Globe Liner
Below we will show you how to remove and replace the heavy-duty PVC black liner located inside the globe of your Litter-Robot 3. You can purchase a replacement liner on request from email@example.com or check if available on the website under Accessories, at www.catevolution.com.au.
Remember, if you are having any trouble at all, you may always give Customer Service a call at 1300 350 635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the full set of instructions below.
Removing the Liner
- Use the end of a paper clip or something similar to pop out the front two screw covers.
- Next, use a Phillips screwdriver to remove all 8 screws located around the globe.
- Once all screws are removed, lift up and remove the top half of the globe. TAKE CARE to not open the top to bottom seam of the lower half of the globe, as there are magnets in the pockets on the track which are problematic if dislodged or lost.
- Unsnap the lip by pushing back towards the inside of the globe.
- Unhook the left and right entry hooks around the oval entrance.
- Pull out the tracking around the globe while removing the liner.
- Once the liner is completely removed, flip the liner upside down to locate and remove the weight.
Replacing the Liner
- Pop the weight into place on the underside of the liner.
- Snap in the center of the lip around the entrance of the globe.
- Hook the liner around the left and right entry hooks while pushing down and pulling the liner slack back towards the inside of the globe.
- Fit outer lip around the entry.
- Start placing the liner in the track, working your way from the front to back of the globe. You may find it easier to start centre rear, if you are having trouble getting the liner evenly around the globe
- Once the liner is in the track, press firmly all the way around to assure the liner is properly seated.
- Apply adhesive seal around the inside left side of the globe so that it is overlapping both the plastic from the top portion of the globe as well as the liner.
- Place the upper half of the globe back on while assuring the key falls into place to properly seal the liner in the inside back wall of the globe.
- Start with inserting the front screw located on the left side of the oval entrance, moving then to the right front screw.
- Once both front screws are in place, move to the farthest back screws around the key located in the back of the globe. Make sure while screwing in the rear screws that the liner is seated under the top of the globe in the inside back wall.
- Finally, screw in the four remaining screws located around the globe.
Note. If you are getting heavy wear at the front entrance of the Robot, from sharp claws or teeth, the Fence maybe helpful. The Fence is made of harder plastic and provides some additional protection at the entry if needed. Available on the website under Accessories at ww.catevolution.com.au